Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in AlabamaCurrently, there are approximately 7 different accredited schools in the state of Alabama that offer either an Associate degree or a Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy. Depending on which type of degree one wishes to purse, will determine which particular college that one will attend. Some of these colleges offer both the Associate degree and the Bachelors degree but not all of them. Below are a list of the schools that offer one or the other degrees to their students.
How to get Certified in AlabamaIn order to meet the Alabama licensing requirements, one must obtain credentials as either a RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) or a CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist). These credentials are granted by the NBRC (National Board for Respiratory Care. It is also possible for someone to obtain a Alabama license if they already hold a valid respiratory therapist license from another state, the District of Columbia, or a territory of the United States, that have the same lincensure requirements as Alabama.
Salaries for Certified Therapists in AlabamaCurrently, the national median salary for a certified Respiratory Therapist is around $56k at start. The average median for a certified respiratory therapist in the state of Alabama starts around $50k a year. It generally depends on which part of the state one is seeking a job in, but per salary polls, it is safe that a newly licensed certified respiratory therapist will will start in the $50k annual range.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Alabama
|University of Alabama at Birmingham||Birmingham, Alabama, USA||website|
|George C Wallace Community College-Dothan||Dothan, Alabama, United States||website|
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||Hanceville; Alabama, United States||website|
|John C Calhoun State Community College||Tanner, Alabama, United States||website|
|Shelton State Community College||Ruscaloosa, Alabama, United States||website|
|University of South Alabama||Mobile, Alabama United States||website|
|Virginia College-Birmingham||Birmingham, Alabama, USA||website|