Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in AlabamaCurrently, there are approximately 7 different accredited schools in the state of Alabama that offer either an Associate degree or a Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy. Depending on which type of degree one wishes to purse, will determine which particular college that one will attend. Some of these colleges offer both the Associate degree and the Bachelors degree but not all of them. Below are a list of the schools that offer one or the other degrees to their students.
How to get Certified in AlabamaIn order to meet the Alabama licensing requirements, one must obtain credentials as either a RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) or a CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist). These credentials are granted by the NBRC (National Board for Respiratory Care. It is also possible for someone to obtain a Alabama license if they already hold a valid respiratory therapist license from another state, the District of Columbia, or a territory of the United States, that have the same lincensure requirements as Alabama.
Salaries for Certified Therapists in AlabamaCurrently, the national median salary for a certified Respiratory Therapist is around $56k at start. The average median for a certified respiratory therapist in the state of Alabama starts around $50k a year. It generally depends on which part of the state one is seeking a job in, but per salary polls, it is safe that a newly licensed certified respiratory therapist will will start in the $50k annual range.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Alabama
|University of Alabama at Birmingham||Birmingham, Alabama, USA||website|
|George C Wallace Community College-Dothan||Dothan, Alabama, United States||website|
|George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville||Hanceville; Alabama, United States||website|
|John C Calhoun State Community College||Tanner, Alabama, United States||website|
|Shelton State Community College||Ruscaloosa, Alabama, United States||website|
|University of South Alabama||Mobile, Alabama United States||website|
|Virginia College-Birmingham||Birmingham, Alabama, USA||website|