Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Programs in ArkansasWorking as a respiratory therapist in Arkansas requires completing a formal training program at an accredited school. The main accrediting agency for respiratory therapy is the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Arkansas is one of several states that require licensure of their respiratory therapists.
In order to obtain licensure, the program must be CoARC-accredited. Respiratory therapy training programs include respiratory therapy classes, lab studies and clinical-based internships. The CoART reports that there are about 12 colleges that offer accredited respiratory care programs.
How to get Certified in ArkansasObtaining national certification through the National Board for Respiratory Care is also required before a respiratory therapy graduate can apply for licensure through Arkansas State Medical Board. The certification exam is a computer-based exam that must be taken at an approved training center.
Once the applicant has passed the certification exam, he or she can apply for licensure with the Arkansas State Medical Board and use the credential Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT). Licenses must be renewed annually and twelve hours of continuing education credits are required for renewal.
Salaries for Certified Respiratory Therapists in ArkansasCertified Respiratory Therapists working in Arkansas earn an average annual wage of $47,270 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. These wages are slightly lower than $57,880, which was the amount earned by CRTs across the nation. Salary.com reported that CRTs working in Little Rock earned $50,379 as of July 2014 while those in Jonesboro earned $51,162 and CRTs in Rogers earned about $46,394.
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Arkansas
|Northwest Arkansas Community College||Bentonville, Arkansas, USA||website|
|Arkansas State University||Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States||website|
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences||Texarkana; Arkansas, United States||website|
|University of Arkansas Community College||Batesville; Arkansas, United States||website|
|Southeast Community College||Pine Bluff; Arkansas, United States||website|
|Pulaski Technical College||North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States||website|