Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Programs in ArkansasWorking as a respiratory therapist in Arkansas requires completing a formal training program at an accredited school. The main accrediting agency for respiratory therapy is the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Arkansas is one of several states that require licensure of their respiratory therapists.
In order to obtain licensure, the program must be CoARC-accredited. Respiratory therapy training programs include respiratory therapy classes, lab studies and clinical-based internships. The CoART reports that there are about 12 colleges that offer accredited respiratory care programs.
How to get Certified in ArkansasObtaining national certification through the National Board for Respiratory Care is also required before a respiratory therapy graduate can apply for licensure through Arkansas State Medical Board. The certification exam is a computer-based exam that must be taken at an approved training center.
Once the applicant has passed the certification exam, he or she can apply for licensure with the Arkansas State Medical Board and use the credential Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT). Licenses must be renewed annually and twelve hours of continuing education credits are required for renewal.
Salaries for Certified Respiratory Therapists in ArkansasCertified Respiratory Therapists working in Arkansas earn an average annual wage of $47,270 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. These wages are slightly lower than $57,880, which was the amount earned by CRTs across the nation. Salary.com reported that CRTs working in Little Rock earned $50,379 as of July 2014 while those in Jonesboro earned $51,162 and CRTs in Rogers earned about $46,394.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Arkansas
|Northwest Arkansas Community College||Bentonville, Arkansas, USA||website|
|Arkansas State University||Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States||website|
|University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences||Texarkana; Arkansas, United States||website|
|University of Arkansas Community College||Batesville; Arkansas, United States||website|
|Southeast Community College||Pine Bluff; Arkansas, United States||website|
|Pulaski Technical College||North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States||website|