Respiratory Therapist Programs in BaltimoreIf you live in or around Baltimore and want to work in the health care field but don’t want to become a doctor or nurse, consider becoming a respiratory therapist. Respiratory therapy is a great field to get into if you want a secure job with good pay.
Find Accredited Respiratory Schools in Baltimore
Since most training programs for this type of career take place at community colleges, you’ll probably find that you’ll continue to live at home while going to school. Luckily, finding a good program of study within easy driving distance shouldn’t be hard. The school that you choose should be regionally accredited – this means that whatever school you choose should be associated with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The specific program that you enroll in should be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
Respiratory Certification in Baltimore
The National Board for Respiratory Care, also known as the NRBC, offers a CRT – Certified Respiratory Therapist – examination for individuals who are just getting started in the field. Your program of study should prepare you for this exam, and your professors or adviser should be able to help you figure out the application and examination process.
Salaries for Certified Therapists in Baltimore
The average respiratory therapist in Baltimore gets paid quite a bit more than other professionals who live in different areas of the United States. While most workers in this field get paid $27.83 per hour, or $57,880 per year, respiratory therapists in the Baltimore area can expect to make $31.33 per hour, or $65,170 per year. Baltimore also has more respiratory therapist positions than other cities, so you should be able to find a job pretty easily.
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Baltimore
|Baltimore City Community College||Baltimore, Maryland, USA||website|
|Community College of Baltimore County||Essex, Maryland, USA||website|
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!