Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in CaliforniaThere are 28 colleges, universities, and training institutes in the state of California that offer accredited respiratory therapist programs. A few of them–like San Joaquin Valley College, American Career College, and Concorde Career College–have more than one campus in the state. (The first two, for instance, have five and four, respectively.) All programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
How to get Certified in CaliforniaVirtually all respiratory therapist schools in California offer the associate degree program, which lasts for two years. This is the minimum educational requirement for aspiring respiratory therapists. Core courses are in subject areas such as cardiology, adult mechanical ventilation, pharmacology, pediatric respiratory care, and life support. After getting the associate degree, graduates can take National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) exams to become a Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) or the higher-level Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in CaliforniaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), respiratory therapists in California made an annual mean wage of $73,320 ($35.25 per hour) in 2012, the highest in the nation for that profession. (By comparison, the national average for respiratory therapists is $57,200.) The BLS estimated the number of respiratory therapists in the state at around 14,200 in 2010; this was 12 percent of the national population.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Certified Nurse Assistant
At NHI you will receive hands-on training through our teaching clinic from dedicated instructors with a combined 530 years of experience as well as classroom instruction and business marketing classes. We offer daytime, evening and weekend classes to accommodate your busy schedule. It is our goal to see you learn and embrace the material and go on to have a successful career you love. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. So why wait?
- Massage Therapy/Therapist
- Massage Therapy
- Esthetician / Massage Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Massage Therapy
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Counseling Psychology (EdD)
- Counseling Psychology (MA)
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in California
|Foothill College||Los Altos Hills, California, USA||website|
|Mt. San Antonio College||Walnut, California, United States||website|
|Fresno City College||Fresno; California, United States||website|
|Grossmont College||El Cajon; California, United States||website|
|East Los Angeles College||Monterey Park; California, United States||website|
|Crafton Hills College||Yucaipa, California, United States||website|
|Orange Coast College||Costa Mesa, California, United States||website|
|Skyline College||San Bruno||website|
|Napa Valley College||Napa||website|
|Loma Linda University||Loma Linda||website|
|American River College||Sacramento||website|
|Victor Valley Community College||Victorville||website|
|Los Angeles Valley College||Valley Glen||website|
|California College San Diego||San Diego||website|
|Modesto Junior College||Modesto||website|
|San Joaquin Valley College||Visalia||website|
|Concorde Career College||Multiple Locations||website|
|Pima Medical Institute||Chula Vista||website|
|Antelope Valley College||Lancaster||website|
|Carrington College California||Pleasant Hill||website|
|American Career College||Ontario||website|
|El Camino Community College||Torrance||website|
|Simi Valley Adult School/Excelsior College||Simi Valley||website|
|Platt College||Multiple Locations||website|