Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in ChicagoRespiratory therapy education programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. To find accredited programs, visit their website at http://www.coarc.com/36.html, where you can search by program type, state, and other variables.
How to get Certified in ChicagoIn the state of Illinois, respiratory therapists are certified by the state’s Department of Financial & Professional Regulation. To be eligible for licensure, you first must pass either the Entry Level Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT) Examination or the Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT) Examination (Written Registry Examination and Clinical Simulation Examination). To apply for a license, submit your scores along with your application and official transcripts from an accredited respiratory therapy education program. Applications are available online at http://www.idfpr.com/renewals/apply/forms/res-ac.pdf.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in ChicagoThe national average wage for certified respiratory therapists is $47,850, or about $23.01 per hour. In Illinois, therapists earn an average of $46,620 or $22.41 per hour, in line with the national average. However, average earnings for therapists in the Chicago metro area are higher than both the national and state averages, with certified techs earning approximately $49,530 per year or $23.81 per hour. Illinois is in the top five states nationwide for number of respiratory therapy techs employed.
Cortiva Institute School of Massage Therapy's innovative program will help you learn the art of massage therapy and introduce you to a range of career opportunities. Through a holistic approach to education, you'll be well-trained to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, with sport teams, or to start a private practice.
Classes start November 13!
- Massage Therapy
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
INTERNATIONAL MASSAGE AND SPA ACADEMY
International Massage and Spa Academy is located on the campus of the historical Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL. It was founded in 2009 as Spa Vargas University and has evolved into a comprehensive therapeutic, sports, wellness and spa focused training center. 2018 will see the addition of a Nail Technician program offering as well.
- Massage Therapy Certification
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Chicago
|Malcolm X College||Chicago, Illinois, United States||website|
|Rush University Medical Center||Chicago, Illinois, United States||website|
|St. Augustine College||Chicago, Illinois, United States||website|