Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in ChicagoRespiratory therapy education programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. To find accredited programs, visit their website at http://www.coarc.com/36.html, where you can search by program type, state, and other variables.
How to get Certified in ChicagoIn the state of Illinois, respiratory therapists are certified by the state’s Department of Financial & Professional Regulation. To be eligible for licensure, you first must pass either the Entry Level Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT) Examination or the Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRT) Examination (Written Registry Examination and Clinical Simulation Examination). To apply for a license, submit your scores along with your application and official transcripts from an accredited respiratory therapy education program. Applications are available online at http://www.idfpr.com/renewals/apply/forms/res-ac.pdf.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in ChicagoThe national average wage for certified respiratory therapists is $47,850, or about $23.01 per hour. In Illinois, therapists earn an average of $46,620 or $22.41 per hour, in line with the national average. However, average earnings for therapists in the Chicago metro area are higher than both the national and state averages, with certified techs earning approximately $49,530 per year or $23.81 per hour. Illinois is in the top five states nationwide for number of respiratory therapy techs employed.
Matching School Ads
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Chicago
|Malcolm X College||Chicago, Illinois, United States||website|
|Rush University Medical Center||Chicago, Illinois, United States||website|
|St. Augustine College||Chicago, Illinois, United States||website|