Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in ConnecticutFortunately, you do have a lot of options for receiving training in the respiratory therapy field. You can choose a traditional school for your education. In fact, right now, Connecticut is home to five public and private schools offering respiratory therapy programs.
If none of those schools seem right for you, however, don’t worry. In today’s world, everything is available online, including an education. There are many excellent online schools that can help you to achieve your career dreams.
The important thing to keep in mind, however, is that only an education from an accredited school will matter. Non-accredited schools are not going to get you anywhere, so it’s always wise to check out the credentials of any school, online or physical, before you apply.
How to get Certified in ConnecticutAfter you have received your education from an accredited college or university, you will be eligible to apply for certification. Certification for respiratory therapists is issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
In addition to meeting educational requirements, prospective respiratory therapists must also pass the organization’s official examination. Certification is a great step toward more and better job opportunities in the field, so it definitely shouldn’t be overlooked.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in ConnecticutRespiratory therapists can enjoy quite substantial salaries- all for doing something they love. While salaries are dependent upon where in the state a person works, the workplace itself, experience, and several other factors, the average respiratory therapist working in Connecticut in 2010 earned a nice $61,650.
That salary is almost $20,000 per year more than it was back in 2006, proving that respiratory therapists are growing in terms of their income levels and their demand.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Connecticut
|Godwin College||East Hartford, Connecticut, USA||website|
|The University of Hartford||West Hartford, Connecticut, United States||website|
|Manchester Community College||Manchester; Connecticut, United States||website|
|Naugatuck Community College||Waterbury; Connecticut, United States||website|