Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in ConnecticutFortunately, you do have a lot of options for receiving training in the respiratory therapy field. You can choose a traditional school for your education. In fact, right now, Connecticut is home to five public and private schools offering respiratory therapy programs.
If none of those schools seem right for you, however, don’t worry. In today’s world, everything is available online, including an education. There are many excellent online schools that can help you to achieve your career dreams.
The important thing to keep in mind, however, is that only an education from an accredited school will matter. Non-accredited schools are not going to get you anywhere, so it’s always wise to check out the credentials of any school, online or physical, before you apply.
How to get Certified in ConnecticutAfter you have received your education from an accredited college or university, you will be eligible to apply for certification. Certification for respiratory therapists is issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
In addition to meeting educational requirements, prospective respiratory therapists must also pass the organization’s official examination. Certification is a great step toward more and better job opportunities in the field, so it definitely shouldn’t be overlooked.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in ConnecticutRespiratory therapists can enjoy quite substantial salaries- all for doing something they love. While salaries are dependent upon where in the state a person works, the workplace itself, experience, and several other factors, the average respiratory therapist working in Connecticut in 2010 earned a nice $61,650.
That salary is almost $20,000 per year more than it was back in 2006, proving that respiratory therapists are growing in terms of their income levels and their demand.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Connecticut
|Godwin College||East Hartford, Connecticut, USA||website|
|The University of Hartford||West Hartford, Connecticut, United States||website|
|Manchester Community College||Manchester; Connecticut, United States||website|
|Naugatuck Community College||Waterbury; Connecticut, United States||website|