Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Programs in DelawareTo become a certified and licensed respiratory therapist in Delaware, candidates must first complete training programs that will ultimately lead to obtaining an associate’s degree in respiratory therapy. It is important to select schools that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Degrees earned from training programs that are not accredited by either of these two agencies will not be recognized as valid education with the National Board for Respiratory Care, the agency who provides certification to respiratory therapists.
How to get Certified in DelawareTo become a licensed and certified respiratory therapist in Delaware, it is required that certification to be granted by the National Board for Respiratory Care. The National Board for Respiratory Care is the organization that will provide the examination process for certification. Candidates must submit an application and be approved before scheduling the examination for certification. To be eligible for the National Board for Respiratory Care certification, the candidate must be 18 years of age and have completed a minimum of an associate’s degree in respiratory therapy. The examination consists of 160 multiple choice questions; 140 of these questions are scored and the remaining 20 are pretest questions. Both the state of Delaware and the National Board for Respiratory Care required certified respiratory therapists to complete continued education units in order to maintain an active status. Continued education units are required to help the respiratory therapist keep abreast of the latest techniques and any changes legally or in how patients should be evaluated and treated.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in DelawareSalaries for certified respiratory therapists in the state of Delaware are slightly varied throughout the state. According to salaries.com, anticipated salaries are above the national average and are based on the actual geographical location, population and the competiveness of the job market. An average median annual salary for locations such as Bear, Delaware City, Middletown, New Castle, Newark and Wilmington is $66,342, while areas such as Milford can anticipate $66,446. Salaries for Dover is $66,503, Rehobeth Beach $66,534, Lewes $66,607, Seaford $66,748 and Harrington $66,852.
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!