Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in FloridaAll the aforementioned schools in Florida offer an Associate of Science (A.S.) or Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Respiratory Therapy. A two-year program, the associate degree is the minimum level of education or training needed to enter the field of respiratory therapy. Core courses include microbiology, diagnostic monitoring, neonatal and pediatric care, and cardiopulmonary disease. When students graduate, they can sit for an exam to get the Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) credential. There is the additional Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification for a higher level of training confirmation, especially in the eyes of employers. Both exams are administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in FloridaIn Florida, respiratory therapists make an annual mean salary of $53,720, or $25.83 an hour, according to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This is almost $4,000 less than the national average for the field. The BLS also reported that the yearly median salary for respiratory therapists in Florida is $52,900 ($25.95 per hour), with the bottom 10 percent making $41,000 ($19.69 per hour) and the top 10 percent taking home $68,900 ($33.14 per hour). According to the BLS, Florida had 7,070 respiratory therapists in 2010; it is expected to increase by 24 percent by 2020.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at ultimatemedical.edu/gainful-employment.pdf and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement and occupations.
- Patient Care Technician
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Accredited LPN Schools Here
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus LPN Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Program Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Florida
|Broward College||7200 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, FL 33024, United States||http://www.broward.edu|
|Daytona State College||1200 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, United States||http://www.daytonastate.edu|
|Edison State College||8099 College Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33919, United States||http://www.edison.edu|
|Florida A&M University||Tallahassee, FL 32307||http://www.famu.edu|
|Florida State College||101 W State St, Jacksonville, FL 32202, United States||http://www.fscj.edu|
|Gulf Coast State College||5230 U.S. 98, Panama City, FL 32401, United States||http://www.gulfcoast.edu|
|Hillsborough Community College||4001 W Tampa Bay Blvd, Tampa, FL 33614, United States||http://www.hccfl.edu/|
|Indian River State College||FL 34981, United States||http://www.irsc.edu|
|Miami Dade College||300 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33132, United States||http://www.mdc.edu|
|Palm Beach State College||4200 S Congress Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33461, United States||http://www.palmbeachstate.edu|
|Santa Fe College||3000 NW 83 St, Gainesville, FL 32606, United States||http://www.sfcollege.edu|
|Seminole State College of Florida||100 Weldon Blvd, Sanford, FL 32773, United States||http://www.seminolestate.edu|
|St. Petersburg College||6605 5th Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33710, United States||http://www.spcollege.edu/|
|Tallahassee Community College||444 Appleyard Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32304, United States||http://www.tcc.fl.edu|
|University of Central Florida||4000 Central Florida Blvd, Orlando, FL 32816, United States||ucf.edu|
|Valencia College||FL 32811, United States||http://www.valenciacollege.edu|