What Is It Like to Work in Respiratory Care?You will probably end up working in a hospital as you assist patients with breathing issues or conditions. You will provide testing, education, and care to patients as you help them breath better. The good news from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is that there is projected job growth of 23 percent from 2016 to 2026 for the field. That means there should be plenty of opportunities available. When it comes to what you will earn, the BLS says the median annual income as of 2018 was $60,280. That is about $28.98 per hour. So, this career provides not too bad of an income.
Preparing to WorkIn order to work in this field in the state of Georgia, you must obtain a license through the Georgia Composite Medical Board. The licensing process requires that you obtain a degree from an accredited and approved school. You must also complete an application and submit a fee. The application requires a resume, reference forms, a passport photo, and a notarized affidavit. You must also provide the board with your unopened report from the National Practitioner Data Bank. Finally, you must submit proof of your certification through the National Board of Respiratory Care. The NBRC offers the Certified Respiratory Therapist credential or the Registered Respiratory Therapist credential. You can earn either of these credentials to obtain a license.
Find Respiratory Therapist Schools in GACurrently, there are 17 accredited respiratory therapy schools in GA. You should find an appropriate program in this field offering an associate or bachelor’s degree. You can find programs throughout the state, including cities such as Atlanta. However, you may also venture outside the state if you want and look at programs in neighboring areas, such as Charlotte, North Carolina. The chart below provides you options within the state.
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Associate of Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Georgia
|Georgia State University||Atlanta, Georgia, USA||website|
|Columbus Technical College||Columbus, Georgia, United States||website|
|Darton College||Albany, Georgia, United States||website|
|Augusta Technical College||Augusta, Georgia, United States||website|
|Heart of Georgia Technical College||Augusta, Georgia, United States||website|
|Macon State College||Macon, Georgia, United States||website|