Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in HawaiiIn the state of Hawaii, there is only 1 school that is accredited school where one can take classes to become a licensed respiratory therapist. Kapiolani Community College is the choice for any Hawaiian that wishes to become a respiratory therapist. It is a 2 year public institution, and they only offer an Associates degree in respiratory therapy. It is located in Honolulu, and it has a medium size campus, with a student population of only around 9.1k. If one wishes to receive a Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy, they will have to seek our educational opportunities out of Hawaii at the present time, but it is possible to obtain this particular degree online if so desired.
How to get Certified in HawaiiGraduates of Kapiolani Community College’s respiratory care practitioner program will be eligable to take the entry-level examinations from the NBRC (National Board of Respiratory Care). Passing this examination will earn the graduate their CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) credentials. In order to practice as a CRT in the state of Hawaii, the graduate must be issued a license by the state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs of Hawaii. It is the only way to practice legally within the state of Hawaii.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in HawaiiGenerally speaking, the median for a respiratory therapist in the state of Hawaii runs around $57k a year, which is above the national average yearly salary for respiratory therapists. This is a general average despite what island in Hawaii one might reside on. This does not mean that every respiratory therapist job will start at $57k a year in Hawaii, but it is a close estimate of what the average respiratory therapist will start out with upon becoming certified in the state of Hawaii.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's