Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in HoustonTo become a respiratory therapist requires completing an approved respiratory therapy training program. To be approved, the school or training should be accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). In most cases respiratory therapists must have at least associate degrees in respiratory therapy, which take at least two years to complete. The curriculum for respiratory therapy students includes medical classes, laboratory work and hands-on internships.
How to get Certified in HoustonIn order to work as a respiratory therapists in Houston, or any place in Texas, you must have a license. To be eligible to get the license, you must meet the following requirements.
• Must have a high school graduate or equivalent
• Must have completed an accredited respiratory therapy program
• Must have passed the National Board for Respiratory Care ( NBRC) certification exam
• Must have the credential of Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
To be eligible to take the NBRC exam, the school where you completed your training must have been accredited, which is why students are advised to look for schools that are CoARC-accredited. To maintain your license, you must complete 24 hours of continuing education credits every two years.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in Houston
Certified respiratory therapists working in Houston in September 2014 earned an average annual salary of $60,706 with the lowest ten percent earning $51,869 and the highest ninety percent earning $71,796. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that Texas ranks 2nd in the nation for the having the highest employment level for respiratory therapists in 2013.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Houston
|Houston Community College||Houston, Texas, USA||website|
|Texas Southern University||Houston, Texas, USA||website|
|San Jacinto College||Pasadena, Texas, USA||website|
|Pima Medical Institute||Houston, Texas, USA||website|