Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in IdahoCurrently, there are a total of 3 different schools in the state of Idaho that offer degrees for Respiratory Therapy. One can acquire either an Associates degree or a Bachelors degree in Respiratory therapy from one of these three schools. Depending on which type of degree one desires will depend on which of these three schools they want to attend.
How to get Certified in IdahoThe requirements to gain a licence in the state of Idaho are as followed according to the Idaho Statutes:
- All applicants must be 18 years or older on or before the issuance of the license.
- They have to have a clear criminal record that would have a direct and adverse bearing on their ability to practice or perform respiratory care competently.
- They must be a high school graduate or have an equivalent (GED).
- The applicant can not have received any disciplinary action in any state or territory of the United States dealing in gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
- They must complete the entry level examination, and they must be a certified respiratory therapy technician.
- They must be licensed as a respiratory care practitioner, or the equivalent in the discretion of the board.
- During the last 3 calendar years, they must have had no fewer than 3,000 hours of respiratory care under the supervision of a licensed physician.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in IdahoDepending on where the job is located in the state of Idaho, the starting salary for a certified Respiratory Therapist is generally around $52k a year. The national average for respiratory therapists in the United States generally starts at $56k a year. Therefore the average for the state of Idaho is generally around $4k less than the national average. However, that does not mean that the national average is never met for a starting out respiratory therapist in Idaho. The $52k a year is just the average for those starting out in Idaho.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Idaho
|Boise State University||Boise, Idaho, USA||website|
|Idaho State University||Pocatello, Idaho, United States||website|
|College of Southern Idaho||Twin Falls, Idaho, United States||website|