Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in IndianaAccording to the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), there are four colleges in Indiana that offer accredited respiratory therapist training programs. One of the four colleges, Ivy Tech Community College, offers this training at ten different campus locations throughout the state. It’s important to make sure the program is accredited because that’s a major prerequisite for taking the national certification exam, which is required before you can obtain a license to work as a respiratory therapist in Indiana.
When you’re choosing a respiratory therapy program, look for one that’s Co-ARC-accredited. This type of program not only offers degrees in respiratory therapy but also provides the type of classes necessary to successfully take the certification exam and seek work as a respiratory therapist (RT).
How to get Certified in IndianaIndiana, like many other states, requires that their respiratory therapists be licensed. The requirements for licensure, in addition to completion of an approved training program, are that the candidate passes the national certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Once the candidate passes the certification exam, he or she will have earned the credential of Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT).
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in IndianaCertified respiratory therapists in Indiana earn salaries slightly lower than the national average of $57,880. As of May 2013, CRTs in Indiana earned a mean annual wage of about $51,890. The average annual wages also fluctuated from city to city. For instance, CRTs in Indianapolis and Hammond earned an average salary of $54,139 and $54,601 while those in Fort Wayne earned slightly over $52,500, according to a Salary.com July 2014 report. Other factors that can affect earnings are level of study, experience and place of employment.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Indiana
|Indiana Respiratory Therapy Education Consortium||Indianapolis, Indiana, USA||website|
|University of Southern Indiana||Evansville, Indiana, United States||website|