Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in IowaTo work as a respiratory therapist in Iowa, you must obtain licensure, which starts with completing a training program accredited by the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). These are usually two-year programs, although some schools may offer bachelor degrees in respiratory therapy as well.
Accreditation is important because it’s part of the state’s licensing requirements and also a requirement for taking the national certification exam. The CoARC states that there are six accredited schools in Iowa.
How to get Certified in IowaAs stated above, candidates interested in working as respiratory therapists in Iowa must pass a national certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Prior to taking the exam, the student must complete an accredited respiratory therapist program, which includes medical classes, lab courses and clinical education. Certification exams are computer-based tests given at approved locations. Licensure must be renewed on the last day of March on even-numbered years.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in IowaAccording to a Salary.com report, salaries for certified respiratory therapists in Iowa varied throughout the state but were typically lower than the national average as of July 2014. In West Des Moines, the average annual wage was $53,965 with the lowest 10% earning $44,477 and the highest 90% earning $64,090. In Sioux City, the wages ranged from $36,164 to $52,111 with the average at $43,878.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Iowa
|Kirkwood Community College||Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA||website|
|Des Moines Area Community College||Ankeny, Iowa, USA||website|
|Northeast Iowa Community College||Peosta, Iowa, USA||website|
|Hawkeye Community College||Waterloo, Iowa, USA||website|
|Southeastern Community College||West Burlington, Iowa, USA||website|
|St. Luke’s College||Sioux City, Iowa, USA||website|