Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in JacksonvilleRespiratory therapists help patients with breathing difficulties.They may work with both younger children and infants as well as the elderly and adult patients. As many elderly people move to Florida during their retirement years, those working in the Jacksonville area must feel confident working with those who may have other medical conditions in addition to emphysema or asthma. Those interested in pursuing this career path must receive training from an accredited school. Students will find that they can get the training they need through schools and programs both in Jacksonville and across the state.
How to get Certified in JacksonvilleAfter finishing their classes and graduating with degrees, students will need to apply for certification through the Florida Board of Respiratory Care. This certificate is only available to those who first pass the examination administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care. The NBRC provides an examination that addresses topics relating to the information they learned in school and the duties expected of them in the field. Those applying for state certification must show that they have one or more valid licenses and have a minimum of two years experience working with patients. They may also need to show that they took specific courses in college, including classes on blood gases and mechanical ventilation.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in JacksonvilleStudents always want to know how much money they can make with different types of degrees. Smart students know that finding out more about their future salaries can help them determine if they can afford to live on that wage. Respiratory therapists working in Jacksonville will find that the median salary in the area is $57,391 a year. The median wage among the bottom 10 percent of those therapists is around $48,200 a year, and the median wage reported among the top 10 percent of all respiratory therapists is over $66,000 a year.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers. We offer degree and diploma programs in the allied health field at our campus in Orlando, Florida.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
Get Personalized Attention at UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
- Patient Care Technician
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses near Jacksonville
|Broward College||Pembroke Pines, FL, USA||website|
|Daytona State College||Daytona Beach, FL, USA||website|
|Edison State College||Fort Myers, FL, USA||website|
|Florida A&M University||Tallahassee, FL, USA||website|
|Concorde Career Institute||Jacksonville, FL, USA||website|