Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in KansasIf you’re an aspiring respiratory therapist, the first thing you must do is find an accredited respiratory therapist school. Look for schools that are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). This is an assurance that the school offers the type of training required not only to work as a respiratory therapist but also to pass the national certification exam.
According to the CoARC, there are about nine accredited respiratory therapy schools in Kansas. Respiratory therapy training programs are typically two-year programs offering respiratory therapy degrees. Students complete a blended curriculum of medical classes, lab courses and hospital-based clinical education.
How to get Certified in KansasKansas also requires that respiratory therapists be licensed or registered with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts. As a condition of licensure, the candidate must pass the national certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Once the candidate successfully passes the certification exam, he or she earns the credential of Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), which also qualifies the individual to apply for licensure with the state.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in KansasThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that respiratory therapists earned an average wage of $56,290 as of May 2013. Those in the lowest 10% earned $41,110 and those in the highest 90% earned $76,750. The level of training and work experience, as well as the type of medical facility the therapist is employed at, can also affect the salary.
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Kansas
|Johnson County Community College||Overland Park, Kansas, USA||website|
|University of Kansas School of Health Professions||Kansas City, Kansas, USA||website|
|Newman University||Wichita, Kansas, USA||website|
|Labette Community College||Parsons, Kansas, USA||website|
|Washburn University||Topeka, Iowa, USA||website|
|Seward County Community College||Liberal, Kansas, USA||website|
|Northwest Kansas Technical College||Goodland, Kansas, USA||website|