Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in KentuckyCurrently, there are a total of 14 different schools that offer different certificates and degrees within the state of Kentucky. Depending on which school that is chosen, one can obtain a Respiratory Therapy Certificate, an Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy, or a Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy. Below is a list of just a few of the schools that offer these accomplishments to their students.
How to get Certified in KentuckyThere are three different types of certifications that are offered by the KBRC (Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care. These three types are student, temporary, and mandatory. In order to hold a student certificate, one has to be currently enrolled in an accredited Respiratory program. They are restricted to performing job functions that are outline in Kentucky law, and upon graduating, they have to immediately apply for the next certificate which is the temporary certificate. The temporary certificate is good for 6 months after either one’s graduation or their passage of the NBRC CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) exam. If the exam is failed, the owner of the temporary certificate can continue to work and retake the test as many times as needed, but only up to the six months. The mandatory certificate is what is needed in order to be considered a full time Certified Respiratory Therapist within the state of Kentucky.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in KentuckyThe national average median for certified Respiratory Therapists is around $56k a year. For those with these credentials in Kentucky, the average median for a certified respiratory therapist starts around $53k a year. This does not mean that there aren’t any jobs starting at the national average, but in general, certified respiratory therapists in Kentucky can expect to start at around the $53k a year mark.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Kentucky
|Madisonville Community College||Madisonville, Kentucky, USA||website|
|Bowling Green Technical College||Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA||website|
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||Louisville, Kentucky, USA||website|
|Maysville Community and Technical College||Maysville, Kentucky, USA||website|
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||Lexingtong, Kentucky, USA||website|
|Somerset Community College||Somerset, Kentucky, USA||website|
|Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College||Cumberland, Kentucky, USA||website|