Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in Los AngelesTo become a respiratory therapist, you must complete a respiratory therapy training program that’s accredited by either the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Although some respiratory therapists have bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees are the most common. This 2-year program include lectures, lab classes and clinical education.
How to get Certified in Los AngelesBefore you can work as a respiratory therapist in the state of California, you must be registered and licensed. To get a license, you must first pass the certification exam administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care. The certification exam consists of both a written and a practical exam. Although the Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) exam was previously acceptable for licensure, the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) exam is the only acceptable exam effective in 2015.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in Los AngelesAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), certified respiratory therapists working in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale metropolitan area earned a mean annual wage of $73.060 as of May 2013 – the highest wage for any metropolitan area in the nation.
The BLS also reported that the highest wages for this profession were earned in California. Salary.com reports that certified respiratory therapists working in Los Angeles earned an average annual salary of $67.250 as of September 2014.
Matching School Ads
Turn Your Passion Into A Career with Platt!
At Platt College, we encourage our students to follow their passions, wherever they may lie, to find a career they love. You’ll find a supportive learning environment and career-focused training designed to help you gain the knowledge and hands-on training you need to succeed.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
Successful careers begin at the Milan Institute. We offer quality hands-on training, experienced faculty and a staff committed to helping you realize your goals.
- Nursing Assistant
Respiratory Therapy Campuses near Los Angeles
|Mt. San Antonio College||Walnut, California, United States||website|
|East Los Angeles College||Monterey Park; California, United States||website|
|Los Angeles Valley College||Valley Glen||website|
|El Camino Community College||Torrance||website|
|Platt College||Multiple Locations||website|