Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in LouisianaThere are several respiratory therapy schools in Louisiana, but not all of these schools are created equal. One of the first things that every person looking to get into the medical field should know is that it is mandatory that they attend an accredited school. The medical field requires this. The state board of Louisiana will usually grant certification after the student has graduated from an accredited respiratory school. You will likely find that there are a number of different schools that advertise their services online or over the phone.
How to get Certified in LouisianaThe Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners handles everything regarding certification within the state. Students will have to apply for a license after graduating from a school that offers a respiratory therapy program. The quality and nature of these programs vary, but most of them involve completing an associate’s degree. Students will also have to complete a certification exam. This exam is administered at a state level. Students that pass this exam can begin working immediately after they submit the required documents to the state. The process of becoming a respiratory therapists takes roughly two years. Some Louisiana schools offer accelerated programs for students that are looking to graduate faster.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in LouisianaThe median salary for a respiratory therapist in Louisiana is $58,906. This amount can vary heavily based on the therapist’s level of experience. Respiratory therapists often receive salaries that correlate heavily to the quality of their education.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Louisiana
|Bossier Parish Community College||Bossier City, Louisiana, USA||website|
|Southern University at Shreveport||Shreveport, Louisiana, USA||website|
|LE Fletcher Technical Community College||Schriever, Louisiana, USA||website|
|Our Lady of the Lake College||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA||website|
|Nicholls State University||Thibodaux, Louisiana, USA||website|
|Louisiana State University||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA||website|
|Louisiana Technical College||Harvey, Louisiana, USA||website|
|Delgado Community College||Harvey, Louisiana, USA||website|