Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in MiamiChoosing a respiratory therapy school in Miami is a decision that should not be taken lightly. All schools are not the same, and the different classes offered at each school can be a determining factor in how successful your career can be. Because medical professionals in the Miami area are familiar with the curriculum taught in each respiratory therapy program, it is important to choose the most comprehensive program available to be an attractive candidate for any respiratory therapy position offered. Miami Dade College offers one of the best respiratory programs in the country. The curriculum can be completed in two years and covers a comprehensive and challenging course study that touches every aspect of the respiratory therapy imaginable. From classes that teach the technical and scientific side of respiratory therapy to courses that help the future therapist understand the psychological state of a person in respiratory distress, this is a very well-rounded program. However, the program is so demanding that the school recommends that its students do not attempt to have a job while enrolled in the program. While the study is demanding, it is a course that is worth the work.
Concorde Career CollegeThis program focuses greatly on the trauma aspect of respiratory therapy and prepares its students to be a valuable part of a medical team treating patients with lung and heart problems. Graduates will be trained to use the most sophisticated equipment in the cardiopulmonary realm and will also have the ability to offer diagnostic advice to physicians and other medical personnel. This curriculum can be completed in about two years depending on the course load accepted, and students will be ready to work in most every type of medical facility upon graduation.
How to get Certified in MiamiTo obtain certification in respiratory therapy, a student must complete an accredited training program and must pass a national exam. After degrees are issued to certified therapists, participants must also complete annual continuing education by completing approved classes at accredited schools.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in Miami, FloridaThe average salary for a respiratory therapist in Miami, Florida is $62,000 per year. However, the salary can increase with years of experience and specialized training and certifications.
- Respiratory Therapy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at ultimatemedical.edu/gainful-employment.pdf and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement and occupations.
- Patient Care Technician
- Patient Care Technician Diploma
Prepare for a Career in Massage Therapy, Makeup Artistry, or Skin Care!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? Consider a career in massage therapy, makeup artistry, or skin care.
Classes start November 13!
- AS / Advanced Massage
- Therapeutic Massage Training Program
- AS / Massage and Skin Care
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Massage Therapy
Begin with the End in Sight: Become a Licensed Professional!
Our Education Legacy
Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers was founded in 1974 with the goal of providing professional training in Cosmetology Arts and related Beauty, Health and Wellness career fields. For more than 40 years, Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers has remained on the cutting edge of the Cosmetology industry by continuously updating its curriculum and program offerings to better serve its students.
- Massage Therapy
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Miami
|Miami Dade College||300 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33132, United States||http://www.mdc.edu|