Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in MichiganAll the aforementioned Michigan schools provide an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Respiratory Care or Respiratory Therapy. The program usually takes two years to complete with full study. Depending on the school, the number of credits required for completion vary. However, it’s usually more than 60 credits. In addition to general education requirement courses, students take classes that deal with different aspects of respiratory therapy. They include cardiopulmonary disease, microbiology, critical care, diagnostic monitoring, and pediatric respiratory care. Upon graduation, students can take certification exams administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). The lowest credential level is the Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) certification. For people who wish to get a more advanced credential, they can go for the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in MichiganThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that respiratory doctor in Michigan made an annual mean wage of $52,370, or $25.18 per hour. By comparison, the annual mean wage for respiratory therapists in the U.S. is $57,200 ($27.50 an hour). The BLS estimated the number of respiratory therapists in the state at around 3,610 in 2010. By 2020, the agency expects that number to reach 4,420, which signifies a 23 percent growth rate. This surpasses the projected job opportunity growth rate of the field on a national scale, which is 19 percent.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Michigan
|Macomb Community College||Clinton Township, Michigan, USA||website|
|Oakland Community College||Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, USA||website|
|Kalamazoo Valley Community College||Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA||website|
|Delta College||University Center, Michigan, USA||website|
|Henry Ford Community College||Dearborn, Michigan, USA||website|
|Mott Community College||Flint, Michigan, USA||website|
|Monroe County Community College||Monroe, Michigan, USA||website|
|Muskegon Community College||Muskegon, Michigan, USA||website|
|Baker College||Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA||website|
|Jackson College||Jackson, Michigan, USA||website|
|Northern Michigan University||Marquette, Michigan, USA||website|