Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in MichiganAll the aforementioned Michigan schools provide an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Respiratory Care or Respiratory Therapy. The program usually takes two years to complete with full study. Depending on the school, the number of credits required for completion vary. However, it’s usually more than 60 credits. In addition to general education requirement courses, students take classes that deal with different aspects of respiratory therapy. They include cardiopulmonary disease, microbiology, critical care, diagnostic monitoring, and pediatric respiratory care. Upon graduation, students can take certification exams administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). The lowest credential level is the Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) certification. For people who wish to get a more advanced credential, they can go for the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in MichiganThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that respiratory doctor in Michigan made an annual mean wage of $52,370, or $25.18 per hour. By comparison, the annual mean wage for respiratory therapists in the U.S. is $57,200 ($27.50 an hour). The BLS estimated the number of respiratory therapists in the state at around 3,610 in 2010. By 2020, the agency expects that number to reach 4,420, which signifies a 23 percent growth rate. This surpasses the projected job opportunity growth rate of the field on a national scale, which is 19 percent.
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Michigan
|Macomb Community College||Clinton Township, Michigan, USA||website|
|Oakland Community College||Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, USA||website|
|Kalamazoo Valley Community College||Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA||website|
|Delta College||University Center, Michigan, USA||website|
|Henry Ford Community College||Dearborn, Michigan, USA||website|
|Mott Community College||Flint, Michigan, USA||website|
|Monroe County Community College||Monroe, Michigan, USA||website|
|Muskegon Community College||Muskegon, Michigan, USA||website|
|Baker College||Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA||website|
|Jackson College||Jackson, Michigan, USA||website|
|Northern Michigan University||Marquette, Michigan, USA||website|