Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in NevadaIf you’re interested in a career as a Certified Respiratory Therapist in Nevada, you’ll want to complete a training program that’s accredited by the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Making sure the program is CoARC-accredited is important because it’s a prerequisite for taking the national certification exam and obtaining licensure through the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners.
Nevada only has three schools that offer accredited respiratory therapy programs, according to the CoARC. As a student in a respiratory therapy program, you’ll take classes in cardiorespiratory pharmacology, CRS diagnostic equipment, neonatal and pediatric cardiorespiratory care and medical terminology. You’ll also complete a clinical internship.
How to get Certified in NevadaAnother requirement for respiratory therapists, besides completing a training program, is passing the national certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Once you’ve completed the certification exam, you’re eligible to apply for licensure through the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. To maintain certification and licensure, you must complete from 5-10 hours of continuing education every two years.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in NevadaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that certified respiratory therapists working in Nevada earned a mean annual wage of $69,340 as of May 2013. This figure is substantially higher than the national average, which was $57,880 during that same time.
According to a July 2014 report by Salary.com, certified respiratory therapists in Carson City earned an annual wage of more than $58,000. While location plays a factor in earning potential, other factors that can affect wages are level of training and work experience.
Matching School Ads
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Nevada
|Carrington College||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA||website|
|Pima Medical Institute||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA||website|
|College of Southern Nevada||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA||website|