Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in NevadaIf you’re interested in a career as a Certified Respiratory Therapist in Nevada, you’ll want to complete a training program that’s accredited by the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Making sure the program is CoARC-accredited is important because it’s a prerequisite for taking the national certification exam and obtaining licensure through the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners.
Nevada only has three schools that offer accredited respiratory therapy programs, according to the CoARC. As a student in a respiratory therapy program, you’ll take classes in cardiorespiratory pharmacology, CRS diagnostic equipment, neonatal and pediatric cardiorespiratory care and medical terminology. You’ll also complete a clinical internship.
How to get Certified in NevadaAnother requirement for respiratory therapists, besides completing a training program, is passing the national certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Once you’ve completed the certification exam, you’re eligible to apply for licensure through the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. To maintain certification and licensure, you must complete from 5-10 hours of continuing education every two years.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in NevadaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that certified respiratory therapists working in Nevada earned a mean annual wage of $69,340 as of May 2013. This figure is substantially higher than the national average, which was $57,880 during that same time.
According to a July 2014 report by Salary.com, certified respiratory therapists in Carson City earned an annual wage of more than $58,000. While location plays a factor in earning potential, other factors that can affect wages are level of training and work experience.
Matching School Ads
Successful careers begin at the Milan Institute. We offer quality hands-on training, experienced faculty and a staff committed to helping you realize your goals.
- Nursing Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Nevada
|Carrington College||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA||website|
|Pima Medical Institute||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA||website|
|College of Southern Nevada||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA||website|