Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in New HampshireOnce you’ve decided you want to become a respiratory therapist, you’ll want to find an accredited respiratory therapy school in New Hampshire. You may find many schools that advertise respiratory therapy programs but you want one that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
As a student in a respiratory therapy program, you’ll have classes in disease and pharmacology; critical care respiratory therapy; anatomy and physiology; pulmonary evaluation and microbiology. You’ll also complete a supervised internship where you’ll get actual hands-on experience treating patients.
How to get Certified in New HampshireLike in most states, respiratory therapists much be licensed to work in New Hampshire. To be eligible for licensure the candidate must satisfy the following requirements.
• Complete a CoARC-accredited respiratory therapy program or have associate degree in respiratory therapy
• Successfully pass the certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
• Pass a criminal background check
• Have at least 500 hours of practical respiratory care experience in the past four years.
Upon meeting all these requirements, the candidate can apply for licensure with the New Hampshire Office of Licensed Allied Health Professionals. Candidates pursuing certification can earn the credentials of Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in New HampshireCertified Respiratory Therapists across the nation earned an average annual wage of $56,290 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Those in the lowest 10% earned about $41,110 while those in the top 90% earned $76,750. Base on these figures, New Hampshire is a good play for CRTs since their annual wages of $61,920 were slightly above the national average.
According to a July 2014 report by Salary.com, Registered Respiratory Therapists working in cities such as Concord, Merrimack, Keene and Dover earned annual wages that were above the national average.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in New Hampshire
|River Valley Community College||Claremont, New Hampshire, USA||website|