Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in New HampshireOnce you’ve decided you want to become a respiratory therapist, you’ll want to find an accredited respiratory therapy school in New Hampshire. You may find many schools that advertise respiratory therapy programs but you want one that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
As a student in a respiratory therapy program, you’ll have classes in disease and pharmacology; critical care respiratory therapy; anatomy and physiology; pulmonary evaluation and microbiology. You’ll also complete a supervised internship where you’ll get actual hands-on experience treating patients.
How to get Certified in New HampshireLike in most states, respiratory therapists much be licensed to work in New Hampshire. To be eligible for licensure the candidate must satisfy the following requirements.
• Complete a CoARC-accredited respiratory therapy program or have associate degree in respiratory therapy
• Successfully pass the certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
• Pass a criminal background check
• Have at least 500 hours of practical respiratory care experience in the past four years.
Upon meeting all these requirements, the candidate can apply for licensure with the New Hampshire Office of Licensed Allied Health Professionals. Candidates pursuing certification can earn the credentials of Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in New HampshireCertified Respiratory Therapists across the nation earned an average annual wage of $56,290 as of May 2013, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Those in the lowest 10% earned about $41,110 while those in the top 90% earned $76,750. Base on these figures, New Hampshire is a good play for CRTs since their annual wages of $61,920 were slightly above the national average.
According to a July 2014 report by Salary.com, Registered Respiratory Therapists working in cities such as Concord, Merrimack, Keene and Dover earned annual wages that were above the national average.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in New Hampshire
|River Valley Community College||Claremont, New Hampshire, USA||website|