Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in New JerseyBergen, Brookdale, and Morris offer an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Respiratory Care or Respiratory Therapy. Requiring over 60 credits, the A.A.S. degree program is the minimum level of education required for aspiring respiratory doctor. It takes two years to complete; the curriculum is usually split into two fall semesters and two spring semesters. (Bergen includes a summer session.) Core subjects usually cover subject areas like cardiopulmonary disease and anatomy, critical patient care, microbiology, diagnostic monitoring, respiratory therapeutics, and neonatal & pediatric respiratory care. In addition to the A.A.S. degree, Rutgers offers a more advanced option: the four-year Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Respiratory Care or Respiratory Therapy. Students can take either program at the North campus in Newark or the South campus in Stratford. Upon graduation, students can take certification exams from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). The basic credential is the Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) certification, while the second-level certification is the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in New JerseyAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), respiratory doctors in NJ made an annual mean salary of $67,670 in 2012, this is broken down to an hourly rate of $32.53. NJ’s numbers surpass the annual mean wage of respiratory doctors for the country—which is $57,200 ($27.50 an hour)—by more than $10,000. In fact, New Jersey’s respiratory therapist mean wage is the fourth highest in the U.S. The BLS estimated the number of respiratory therapists in the state at around 2,570, and the agency expects a 12 percent job growth for the field between 2010 and 2020.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in New Jersey
|Bergen Community College||Paramus, NJ, USA||http://www.bergen.edu|
|Brookdale Community College||Middletown, NJ, USA||http://www.brookdalecc.edu/|
|County College of Morris||Randolph, New Jersey, USA||http://www.umdnj.edu|
|Rutgers University||Newark, New Jersey, USA||rbhs.rutgers.edu|