Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in New JerseyBergen, Brookdale, and Morris offer an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Respiratory Care or Respiratory Therapy. Requiring over 60 credits, the A.A.S. degree program is the minimum level of education required for aspiring respiratory doctor. It takes two years to complete; the curriculum is usually split into two fall semesters and two spring semesters. (Bergen includes a summer session.) Core subjects usually cover subject areas like cardiopulmonary disease and anatomy, critical patient care, microbiology, diagnostic monitoring, respiratory therapeutics, and neonatal & pediatric respiratory care. In addition to the A.A.S. degree, Rutgers offers a more advanced option: the four-year Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Respiratory Care or Respiratory Therapy. Students can take either program at the North campus in Newark or the South campus in Stratford. Upon graduation, students can take certification exams from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). The basic credential is the Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) certification, while the second-level certification is the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in New JerseyAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), respiratory doctors in NJ made an annual mean salary of $67,670 in 2012, this is broken down to an hourly rate of $32.53. NJ’s numbers surpass the annual mean wage of respiratory doctors for the country—which is $57,200 ($27.50 an hour)—by more than $10,000. In fact, New Jersey’s respiratory therapist mean wage is the fourth highest in the U.S. The BLS estimated the number of respiratory therapists in the state at around 2,570, and the agency expects a 12 percent job growth for the field between 2010 and 2020.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in New Jersey
|Bergen Community College||Paramus, NJ, USA||http://www.bergen.edu|
|Brookdale Community College||Middletown, NJ, USA||http://www.brookdalecc.edu/|
|County College of Morris||Randolph, New Jersey, USA||http://www.umdnj.edu|
|Rutgers University||Newark, New Jersey, USA||rbhs.rutgers.edu|