Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in New MexicoSeveral accredited respiratory therapy programs exist in New Mexico. Doña Ana Community College in Las Cruces, Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque, Santa Fe Community College in Santa Fe, and San Juan College in San Juan all offer limited-entry RT programs. Students must complete a pre-registration screening process and meet the school’s program requirements. Eastern New Mexico University in Roswell has its own RT program, with a 100% job placement rate. The Pima Medical Institute in Albuquerque offers a medical simulation theater that allows its RT students to gain real-world experience.
How to get Certified in New MexicoAll Respiratory Therapy programs are two years and result in an Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy. Graduates are then eligible to sit for the national Board for Respiratory Care exams. Clinical experience is required throughout the programs. Some programs have science prerequisites before acceptance into their program. Other programs will offer those classes in the course of study.
Entrance into most health care programs requires students to undergo a routine urine drug screen and provide documentation of current immunizations. Students must also undergo the New Mexico Department of Health caregivers criminal history screening program. Often, a current Basic Life Support (CPR) certificate is required.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in New MexicoRespiratory Therapy salaries in New Mexico range from $50,000 to $53,000. Graduates of Respiratory Therapy programs work in hospitals, homecare, education, and sleep labs. Jobs in education usually pay the highest. Job outlook is expected to increase faster than average as the number of middle-aged and elderly Americans increases.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!