Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in New YorkThe state of NY, as of 2014, has 14 respiratory therapy schools accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Three of them–The State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University, Stony Brook University, and Long Island University–are four-year public universities. The rest are schools established to serve the communities in which they are based, with one specializing in allied health care training (Mandl School, The College of Allied Health).
How to get Certified in New YorkThe four-year public universities previously mentioned offer a Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy/Care. A four-year program, it is the pinnacle of respiratory therapy training, with advanced courses in subjects like critical care, disease diagnosis, and the respiratory system. However, an Associate of Applied Science degree, which the other institutions offer, is enough to enter the field. Upon graduation, students can take exams from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) to be certified registered therapists. There are two levels: the entry-level Certified Registered Therapist (CRT) certification and the higher-tiered Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification. With the RRT, the recipient can apply for the New York State (NYS) Licensure as a Respiratory Therapist.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in New YorkIn 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), respiratory doctors in NY made a yearly mean salary of $64,380 ($30.95 per hour), thus making the state one of the highest paying in the nation for this field. By comparison, the national mean wage for respiratory therapists that year was $57,200 ($27.50 per hour). The BLS estimated that there were 5,930 respiratory doctors in NY, with the agency predicting a 15 percent increase in employment between 2010 and 2020.
- Certified Nurses Aide
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy-CERT
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Christian Counseling of Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Cosmetology - Day
- Cosmetology - Eve
The Center For Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy Offers:
- Full-time and Part-time Classes
- Hands-On Training in multiple modalities of bodywork
- Experienced and Dedicated Faculty
- Innovative and Cutting-edge Curriculum
- Financial Aid for those who qualify
- Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
- LIFETIME Career Placement Services
The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy is the perfect place to start training for your massage therapy career.
- Diploma in Massage Therapy
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in New York
|The State University of New York||Syracuse, New York, USA||website|
|Nassau Community College||Garden City, New York, USA||website|
|Westchester Community College||Valhalla, New York, USA||website|
|Borough of Manhattan Community College||New York City, New York, USA||website|
|Erie Community College||Williamsville, New York, USA||website|
|Stony Brook University||Stony Brook, New York, USA||website|
|Hudson Valley Community College||Troy, New York, USA||website|
|Long Island University||Brooklyn, New York, USA||website|
|Onondaga Community College||Syracuse, New York, USA||website|
|Molloy College||Rockville Centre, New York, USA||website|
|Genesee Community College||Batavia, New York, USA||website|
|Mohawk Valley Community College||Utica, New York, USA||website|
|Sullivan County Community College||Loch Sheldrake, New York, USA||website|
|Mandl, The School College of Allied Health||, New York, USA||website|