Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in North DakotaRespiratory therapists provide patient care for persons with chronic or acute heart and lung problems. They work closely with physicians, nurses and other health professionals to develop and carry out treatment plans for patients suffering from asthma, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and other chronic lung problems, as well as for emergency cases of trauma, drowning or post surgery complications. Their activities include diagnostic examinations, like testing the blood or pulmonary function, and various treatments to improve breathing, such as intubating, suctioning, managing the ventilator or administering medications. Respiratory therapists need to be patient and empathetic persons who can help the suffering individual relax and receive the sometimes invasive treatments that will bring breathing relief.
How to get Certified in North DakotaThe North Dakota State Board of Respiratory Care https://www.ndsbrc.com/licensing.shtml requires a license to practice this profession that must be renewed each year. Applicants must have graduated from an accredited program in respiratory care and be credentialed as a certified respiratory therapist (CRT) or registered respiratory therapist(RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in North DakotaThe Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nd.htm reported that the 2013 average annual salary of respiratory therapists in North Dakota was $49,830, lower than the national average of $57,860. The 2014 data from Salary.com http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/Registered-Respiratory-Therapist-Salary gives median salaries of respiratory therapists in several cities. Wells Fargo led the list with an annual median salary of $57,911, followed by Bismarck/Mandan–$55,494, Grand Forks–$47,026 and Minot/Dickinson–$43,257.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in North Dakota
|North Dakota State University||Fargo City, North Dakota, USA||website|
|University of Mary||Bismarck, North Dakota, USA||website|