Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in North DakotaRespiratory therapists provide patient care for persons with chronic or acute heart and lung problems. They work closely with physicians, nurses and other health professionals to develop and carry out treatment plans for patients suffering from asthma, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and other chronic lung problems, as well as for emergency cases of trauma, drowning or post surgery complications. Their activities include diagnostic examinations, like testing the blood or pulmonary function, and various treatments to improve breathing, such as intubating, suctioning, managing the ventilator or administering medications. Respiratory therapists need to be patient and empathetic persons who can help the suffering individual relax and receive the sometimes invasive treatments that will bring breathing relief.
How to get Certified in North DakotaThe North Dakota State Board of Respiratory Care https://www.ndsbrc.com/licensing.shtml requires a license to practice this profession that must be renewed each year. Applicants must have graduated from an accredited program in respiratory care and be credentialed as a certified respiratory therapist (CRT) or registered respiratory therapist(RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in North DakotaThe Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nd.htm reported that the 2013 average annual salary of respiratory therapists in North Dakota was $49,830, lower than the national average of $57,860. The 2014 data from Salary.com http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/Registered-Respiratory-Therapist-Salary gives median salaries of respiratory therapists in several cities. Wells Fargo led the list with an annual median salary of $57,911, followed by Bismarck/Mandan–$55,494, Grand Forks–$47,026 and Minot/Dickinson–$43,257.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in North Dakota
|North Dakota State University||Fargo City, North Dakota, USA||website|
|University of Mary||Bismarck, North Dakota, USA||website|