Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in North DakotaRespiratory therapists provide patient care for persons with chronic or acute heart and lung problems. They work closely with physicians, nurses and other health professionals to develop and carry out treatment plans for patients suffering from asthma, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and other chronic lung problems, as well as for emergency cases of trauma, drowning or post surgery complications. Their activities include diagnostic examinations, like testing the blood or pulmonary function, and various treatments to improve breathing, such as intubating, suctioning, managing the ventilator or administering medications. Respiratory therapists need to be patient and empathetic persons who can help the suffering individual relax and receive the sometimes invasive treatments that will bring breathing relief.
How to get Certified in North DakotaThe North Dakota State Board of Respiratory Care https://www.ndsbrc.com/licensing.shtml requires a license to practice this profession that must be renewed each year. Applicants must have graduated from an accredited program in respiratory care and be credentialed as a certified respiratory therapist (CRT) or registered respiratory therapist(RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in North DakotaThe Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nd.htm reported that the 2013 average annual salary of respiratory therapists in North Dakota was $49,830, lower than the national average of $57,860. The 2014 data from Salary.com http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/Registered-Respiratory-Therapist-Salary gives median salaries of respiratory therapists in several cities. Wells Fargo led the list with an annual median salary of $57,911, followed by Bismarck/Mandan–$55,494, Grand Forks–$47,026 and Minot/Dickinson–$43,257.
Matching School Ads
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in North Dakota
|North Dakota State University||Fargo City, North Dakota, USA||website|
|University of Mary||Bismarck, North Dakota, USA||website|