Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in OhioWhen looking for schools offering respiratory therapy training, it is important to find one that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs or Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. These two accreditation programs assures the training programs have met the minimum requirements set forth and have demonstrated they are a financial secure institution. Accreditation also means the schools are eligible for financial aid and the classes are eligible for transfer to other educational institutions.
Respiratory therapists in Ohio are required to complete a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in respiratory therapy. Successful completion will help prepare students for the certification examination and licensing in Ohio.
How to get Certified in OhioCertification is provided through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Unlike licensing, certification is voluntary although most employers will require prospective employees to obtain it. Gaining certification through the National Board for Respiratory Care will provide registration to accredited graduate programs with the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care and/or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Upon successful completion of a respiratory degree program, candidates will need to complete the application process through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Once approved, scheduling for the certification examination can be made online.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in OhioAccording to salaries.com, the salaries for certified respiratory therapists are below the national average. Salaries ranges vary from 50,800 to 56,000 and are based on geographical location and demand for certified respiratory therapists. Below is a breakdown of anticipated median annual salaries and locations in Ohio.
$52,400 – $53,900 Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Elyria, Lima, Lorain, Mansfield, Youngstown
$54,000 – $54,900 Canton, Cincinnati, Dayton, Hamilton, Middletown, Springfield, Toledo
$55,000 – $56,000 Cleveland, Columbus, Eucid, Lakewood
Matching School Ads
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Ohio
|Bowling Green State University||Huron, Ohio, USA||website|
|Buckeye Hills Career Center||Racine, Ohio, USA||website|
|Cincinnati State Technical & Community College||Batavia, Ohio, USA||website|
|Collins Career Center||Chesapeakeity, Ohio, USA||website|
|Columbus State Community College||Columbus, Ohio, USA||website|
|Cuyahoga Community College||Parma, Ohio, USA||website|
|Eastern Gateway Community College||Steubenville, Ohio, USA||website|
|James A. Rhodes State College||Lima, Ohio, USA||website|
|Kent State University||Ashtabula, Ohio, USA||website|
|Kettering College of Medical Arts||Kettering, Ohio, USA||website|
|Lakeland Community College||Kirtland, Ohio, USA||website|
|Lorain County Community College||Elyria, Ohio, USA||website|
|North Central State College||Mansfield, Ohio, USA||website|
|Ohio State University||Columbus, Ohio, USA||website|
|Shawnee State University||Portsmouth, Ohio, USA||website|
|Sinclair Community College||Dayton, Ohio, USA||website|
|Southern State Community College||Washington Court House, Ohio, USA||website|
|Stark State College of Technology||North Canton, Ohio, USA||website|
|University of Akron||Akron, Ohio, USA||website|
|University of Cincinnati Clermont College||Batavia, Ohio, USA||website|
|University of Toledo||Toledo, Ohio, USA||website|
|Washington State Community College||Marietta, Ohio, USA||website|
|Youngstown State University||Youngstown, Ohio, USA||website|