Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in OklahomaThe state of Oklahoma offers a variety of programs and training for those interested in entering the field of respiratory therapy. A degree may be earned by successfully completing classes at accredited institutions. The following Oklahoma schools offer this training: Oklahoma Christian University in Edmond; Great Plains Technology Center in Lawton; Platt College in Moore; Heritage College in Oklahoma City; Northern Oklahoma College in Tonkawa; Tulsa Community College in Tulsa; Francis Tuttle Technology Center in Oklahoma City; and Rose State College in Midwest City.
How to get Certified in OklahomaTo become certified in respiratory therapy, an individual starts by gaining a minimum of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited university. Following successful completion of the educational requirements, the candidate must then successfully complete exams from the NBRC (the National Board for Respiratory Care). The initial test is the CRT, or Certified Respiratory Therapist test. Once an individual passes this exam, they are eligible to sit for the RRT, or Registered Respiratory Therapist test. To remain certified in Oklahoma, a therapist needs to complete 12 hours of continuing education every two years, half of which must be clinical.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in OklahomaOklahoma offers a wide range of salaries to practicing respiratory therapists. Final salary is determined by factors such as experience, location, and education. The starting range is $41,572 to $57,544, with a median salary of $49,455. The mid-range of salary falls in the range of $45,434 to $62,891, with a median salary of $54,050. The upper salary range is $48,927 to $67,725, with a median salary of $58,205. As an individual gains experience in the field, a higher salary can be expected. To pursue a career in this field, a person has to complete required classes that are based on the particular degree that is being earned. There are a variety of degrees that can be used for a respiratory therapy focus. Required classes generally include math and science selections such as algebra, chemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, physics and anatomy & physiology.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!