Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in OklahomaThe state of Oklahoma offers a variety of programs and training for those interested in entering the field of respiratory therapy. A degree may be earned by successfully completing classes at accredited institutions. The following Oklahoma schools offer this training: Oklahoma Christian University in Edmond; Great Plains Technology Center in Lawton; Platt College in Moore; Heritage College in Oklahoma City; Northern Oklahoma College in Tonkawa; Tulsa Community College in Tulsa; Francis Tuttle Technology Center in Oklahoma City; and Rose State College in Midwest City.
How to get Certified in OklahomaTo become certified in respiratory therapy, an individual starts by gaining a minimum of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited university. Following successful completion of the educational requirements, the candidate must then successfully complete exams from the NBRC (the National Board for Respiratory Care). The initial test is the CRT, or Certified Respiratory Therapist test. Once an individual passes this exam, they are eligible to sit for the RRT, or Registered Respiratory Therapist test. To remain certified in Oklahoma, a therapist needs to complete 12 hours of continuing education every two years, half of which must be clinical.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in OklahomaOklahoma offers a wide range of salaries to practicing respiratory therapists. Final salary is determined by factors such as experience, location, and education. The starting range is $41,572 to $57,544, with a median salary of $49,455. The mid-range of salary falls in the range of $45,434 to $62,891, with a median salary of $54,050. The upper salary range is $48,927 to $67,725, with a median salary of $58,205. As an individual gains experience in the field, a higher salary can be expected. To pursue a career in this field, a person has to complete required classes that are based on the particular degree that is being earned. There are a variety of degrees that can be used for a respiratory therapy focus. Required classes generally include math and science selections such as algebra, chemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, physics and anatomy & physiology.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!