Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in OregonTo be eligible to be licensed as a respiratory therapist in the state, you must first attend a program that’s accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC). You can search programs by state online at http://www.coarc.com/36.html. Some programs are associate’s degree programs, while others are certificates that do not include a degree. They typically take about two years to complete.
How to get Certified in OregonRespiratory therapists in the state of Oregon must be licensed by the Oregon Health Authority. To be eligible for licensure, you must complete an accredited respiratory therapy program; pay the license fees; submit to a criminal background check and fingerprinting; complete CPR training; and pass the national certification exam given by the National Board for Respiratory Care. For additional requirements and paperwork, visit the Oregon.gov website at http://www.oregon.gov/OHLA/RTPT/pages/respiratory_care_licensure.aspx#Education.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in OregonAccording to data from the U.S. Board of Labor Statistics, respiratory therapists nationwide earn an average annual salary of $55,870 or $26.86 per hour. Average salaries in the state of Oregon are closely in line with this national average, ranging from $54,710 to $61,920 per year. The state employs between 550 and 1,500 respiratory therapists at any given time. To get started with your respiratory therapy education in the state of Oregon, contact one or more of the schools above. Admission may be competitive, so consider applying to more than one program.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Oregon
|Lane Community College||Eugene, Oregon, USA||website|
|Mt. Hood Community College||Gresham, Oregon, USA||website|
|Oregon Institute of Technology||Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA||website|
|Concorde Career College||Portland, Oregon, USA||website|