Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in OregonTo be eligible to be licensed as a respiratory therapist in the state, you must first attend a program that’s accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC). You can search programs by state online at http://www.coarc.com/36.html. Some programs are associate’s degree programs, while others are certificates that do not include a degree. They typically take about two years to complete.
How to get Certified in OregonRespiratory therapists in the state of Oregon must be licensed by the Oregon Health Authority. To be eligible for licensure, you must complete an accredited respiratory therapy program; pay the license fees; submit to a criminal background check and fingerprinting; complete CPR training; and pass the national certification exam given by the National Board for Respiratory Care. For additional requirements and paperwork, visit the Oregon.gov website at http://www.oregon.gov/OHLA/RTPT/pages/respiratory_care_licensure.aspx#Education.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in OregonAccording to data from the U.S. Board of Labor Statistics, respiratory therapists nationwide earn an average annual salary of $55,870 or $26.86 per hour. Average salaries in the state of Oregon are closely in line with this national average, ranging from $54,710 to $61,920 per year. The state employs between 550 and 1,500 respiratory therapists at any given time. To get started with your respiratory therapy education in the state of Oregon, contact one or more of the schools above. Admission may be competitive, so consider applying to more than one program.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Oregon
|Lane Community College||Eugene, Oregon, USA||website|
|Mt. Hood Community College||Gresham, Oregon, USA||website|
|Oregon Institute of Technology||Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA||website|
|Concorde Career College||Portland, Oregon, USA||website|