Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in PennsylvaniaThe community colleges and training institutes–in addition to some hospitals and medical centers–offer an Associate of Science/Applied Science (A.S./A.A.S.) in Respiratory Care/Respiratory Therapy. A two-year program, the program gives students the basics in respiratory care, with subject areas such as the circulatory system, critical care, microbiology, and diagnostic monitoring. However, Millersville University, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (in association with Western Pennsylvania Hospital, York College of PA, and Gannon University offer a more advanced, four-year Bachelor of Science (B.S.) instead. Upon graduation, students can take certification exams from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) to become Certified Registered Therapists (CRTs) or Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRTs).
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in PennsylvaniaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), respiratory therapists in Pennsylvania made an annual mean wage of $56,050 ($26.95 an hour) in 2012 — $1,150 less than the national average of $57,200 ($27.50 an hour). There were 5,020 respiratory doctors in Pennsylvania in 2010, a number that the BLS expects to increase by 20 percent by 2020.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Pennsylvania
|Community College of Allegheny County||808 Ridge Ave|
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
|Community College of Philadelphia||1700 Spring Garden St, Philadelphia, PA 19130, United States||http://www.ccp.edu|
|Gannon University||109 University Square, Erie, PA 16501, United States||http://www.gannon.edu|
|Gwynedd Mercy University||1325 Sumneytown Pike, Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437, United States||http://www.gmercyu.edu|
|Harrisburg Area Community College||1 Hacc Dr, Harrisburg, PA 17110, United States||http://www.hacc.edu|
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania||1011 South Dr, Indiana, PA 15705, United States||http://www.iup.edu|
|Luzerne County Community College||1333 S Prospect St, Nanticoke, PA 18634, United States||http://www.luzerne.edu|
|Mansfield University of Pennsylvania||Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, 71 S Academy St,||http://www.Mansfield.edu|
|Millersville University of Pennsylvania||1 S George St, Millersville, PA 17551, United States||http://www.millersville.edu|
|Reading Area Community College||10 S 2nd St, Reading, PA 19603, United States||http://www.racc.edu|
|Sanford–Brown||3600 Horizon Blvd #300, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053, United States||http://www.sanfordbrown.edu|
|Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology||750 E King St, Lancaster, PA 17602, United States||http://www.stevenscollege.edu/|
|University of Pittsburgh||4200 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, United States||http://www.pitt.edu|
|West Chester University of Pennsylvania||700 S High St, West Chester, PA 19382, United States||http://www.wcupa.edu/|
|York College of Pennsylvania||441 Country Club Rd, York, PA 17403, United States|| http://www.ycp.edu