Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in Rhode IslandThe Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) has the state’s only accredited Respiratory Therapy program. Other schools, such as Rhode Island College, offer completion programs for Respiratory Therapy degrees, but not the full certification program.
How to get Certified in Rhode IslandCCRI offers a two year, fully accredited respiratory therapist program. To become fully certified, several steps are necessary. Successful completion of the academic program at CCRI earns an Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS). In addition, students need to pass an entry level CRT examination through the National Board for Respiratory Care in order to obtain a state license to practice respiratory care in RI.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in Rhode IslandIn RI, respiratory therapists typically have an average starting salary of $22-25 per hour, but this can range to up to $30 per hour. The US average salary for this field is about $56.000 per year.
As the respiratory therapy field has grown, so have the employment opportunities. Respiratory therapists are needed in hospitals to care for premature babies, patients with asthma, elderly patients, and patients with any other number of breathing issues. In addition, employment opportunities can be found in nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, doctor’s offices, and home health care agencies. Common duties include performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, lung capacity, managing ventilator care for patients, and treating lung problems such as asthma and cystic fibrosis. CCRI offers the only fully accredited respiratory therapy program in RI. Currently, the classes offered include classroom, laboratory, and on site experiences. The program classes and labs include, but are not limited to, science classes such as biology and chemistry, algebra, as well as respiratory courses. Students practice their skills and apply their knowledge on site in a hospital setting.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Massage Therapy
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Massage Therapy
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!