Find Accredited Respiratory Schools in SacramentoFew students realize the differences between an accredited school and a school that lacks accreditation. An accredited school gives students the training and the classes that they need to pass any licensing exams and to obtain certification. Schools that lack accreditation often care more about getting as much money while doing as little work as possible. This leaves students frustrated and feeling like they cannot the duties associated with their future jobs. Those planning to study respiratory therapy in Sacramento will find that California offers a number of opportunities for them.
Respiratory Certification in SacramentoThe Respiratory Care Board in California is one of the only states in the country that gives applicants a temporary license first. The board will only grant licenses to those who have degrees and those who graduated from accredited two-year programs. Applicants will first receive a temporary license that allows them to work in the respiratory field with someone supervising their work. After successfully showing that they can handle the tasks associated with the job, applicants will receive a full license. Some applicants, especially those thinking about working outside of California, will also want to apply for certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Salaries for Certified Therapists in SacramentoRespiratory therapists typically only need two years of education and a few years of experience before working unsupervised. Within four years of starting their education, these therapists can start out making around $50,000 a year in Sacramento. Once they gain more experience, they may make as much as $75,000 a year. Directors work for hospitals and other facilities and are responsible for scheduling workers, working with patients and handing administrative duties. Directors can earn more than $100,000 a year working in the city.
Respiratory Therapy Campuses near Sacramento
|Fresno City College||Fresno; California, United States||website|
|American River College||Sacramento||website|
|Victor Valley Community College||Victorville||website|
|Modesto Junior College||Modesto||website|
|San Joaquin Valley College||Visalia||website|
|Concorde Career College||Multiple Locations||website|
|Carrington College California||Pleasant Hill||website|
|El Camino Community College||Torrance||website|
- Respiratory Therapy
- Certified Nurse Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
At NHI you will receive hands-on training through our teaching clinic from dedicated instructors with a combined 530 years of experience as well as classroom instruction and business marketing classes. We offer daytime, evening and weekend classes to accommodate your busy schedule. It is our goal to see you learn and embrace the material and go on to have a successful career you love. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. So why wait?
- Massage Therapy/Therapist
- Massage Therapy
- Esthetician / Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Counseling Psychology (EdD)
- Counseling Psychology (MA)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology