Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in South DakotaTo work as a certified respiratory therapist (CRT) or a registered respiratory therapist (RRT), you need to complete a few different steps. The first and most important step is finding an accredited respiratory therapy school. Although the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) both used to accredit respiratory therapy programs, the CAAHEP no longer accredits respiratory therapy programs.
It’s important that the program be CoARC-accredited because it’s a requirement for certification and licensure – both of which are required by the South Dakota Department of Health. Accredited RT programs provide students with the necessary classes and practical training to take for the certification exam.
How to get Certified in South DakotaSouth Dakota is one of many states that require their respiratory therapists be licensed. Before therapists can apply for licensure, they must obtain national certification, which is the second step towards becoming a respiratory therapist in South Dakota. To obtain certification, they must pass the national certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. Once the candidate has successfully passed the certification exam and earned the CRT credential, he or she can become licensed.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in South DakotaAccording to a July 2014 report by Salary.com, certified respiratory therapists earn wages below the national average. The average annual wages earned in Aberdeen were $32,535 while those in Sioux Falls and Pierre earned $43,878 and $43,793, respectively. Those in the lowest 10% earned about $28,000 and those in the highest 90% earned more than $53,000. The place of employment, as well as the work experience and training, can also play a part in the earnings.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in South Dakota
|Dakota State University||Madison, South Dakota, USA||website|
|Rapid City Regional||Rapid City, South Dakota, USA||website|