Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in TennesseeSelecting schools and classes to become a respiratory therapist is the most important decisions to be made. Degrees and training programs that are accredited allow completed classes to be transferred to another college or university. In addition, these schools have demonstrated financial stability and can offer financial assistance to students. Degree programs in Tennessee for respiratory therapy are required to have accreditation by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care or by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
How to get Certified in TennesseeRespiratory therapists in Tennessee are required to become certified. Certification is obtained through The National Board for Respiratory Care after completion of an accredited degree program. Certification remains valid for 5 years at a time. The certified respiratory therapist must have completed required continuing education credits and submit proof of completion before the last 6 months of the valid certification.
Certification can be obtained from The National Board for Respiratory Care guarantees acceptance into graduate degree programs that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs and the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
Candidates must submit an application to The National Board for Respiratory Care once completion of the education requirement has been met. Upon acceptance, candidates can begin scheduling online their certification examination.
Certified respiratory therapists are required to complete 10 continuing education unit hours every year. Continuing education credits should be on subjects such as cardio-pulmonary system, education management and/or clinical practice of respiratory care. Proof of completed continued education unit must be submitted upon completion
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in TennesseeCertified respiratory therapists can anticipate salaries below the national average in Tennessee, according to salary.com. Salaries vary throughout the state. This is because of job demand, population and general location. Below is a list of anticipated annual median salaries for respiratory therapists in Tennessee.
$46,203 – Jackson
$48,929 – Johnson City
$48,837 – Murfreesboro
$49,929 – Knoxville
$50,599 – Clarksville
$51,038 – Chattanooga
$53,182 – Franklin, Hendersonville, Nashville
$53,447 – Germantown, Memphis
Matching School Ads
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Tennessee
|Baptist Memorial College of Health Science||Memphis, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Chattanooga State Community College||Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Columbia State Community College||Columbia, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Concorde Career College||Memphis, Tennessee, USA||website|
|East Tennessee State University||Johnson City, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Jackson State Community College||Jackson, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Roane State Community College||Harriman, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Tennessee State University||Nashville, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Tennessee Technology Center||Memphis, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Volunteer State Community College||Gallatin, Tennessee, USA||website|
|Walters State Community College||Morristown, Tennessee, USA||website|