Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in UtahFinding an accredited respiratory therapy school in Utah is the first step towards becoming a CRT or RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist). Accreditation is a necessity because this is requirement for certification and licensure. Currently, the accrediting agency most used is the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
Accredited training programs also provide students with the classes and training necessary to not only pass the certification but also be qualified to work as CRTs. In addition to classroom assignments, students complete practical training in hospital-based settings.
The South Dakota Department of Health requires licensure and completing an approved program and passing a certification exam are part of the licensure requirements. Programs that are approved or accredited also prepare you better for the exam and to work as a respiratory therapist in a medical facility with both their training and classes.
How to get Certified in UtahBefore you can work as a respiratory therapist in Utah, you must be licensed through the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. However, to be eligible to apply for the license you must meet the following requirements.
• Complete an accredited training program
• Pass the national certification exam
• Pass a criminal background check
The certification exam, authorized through the National Board for Respiratory Care, is a 160-question multiple-choice exam that you must complete within three hours. Once you’ve successfully passed the exam, you’re eligible to apply for licensure with the state.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in UtahThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that respiratory therapists earned a mean annual wage of $57,880 across the nation as of May 2013. Respiratory therapists working in Utah during the same period earned $56,140, a figure very close to the national average.
As of 2013, there were only about 700 respiratory therapists employed in Utah, according to the BLS. Salary.com reported that CRTs working in Salt Lake City in June 2014 earn about $53,515.
Matching School Ads
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Utah
|Weber State University||Ogden, Utah, USA||website|
|Stevens Henager College||Murray, Utah, USA||website|
|Dixie State College of Utah||St. George, Utah, USA||website|
|Independence University||Salt Lake City, Utah, USA||website|