Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in VermontRespiratory therapists work with doctors to treat patients who have breathing problems. These problems may be caused by illnesses such as asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or pneumonia. An emergency condition such as heart attack, shock or drowning may require immediate respiratory care. In consultation with doctors, the respiratory therapist will develop and carry out a treatment plan for the patient. This may involve administering oxygen, managing a ventilator, prescribing medications, or teaching the patient how to use aerosol medication or to carry out at-home treatments. The therapist maintains detailed records of the progress of patient treatment.
How to get Certified in VermontThe practicing respiratory therapist in Vermont must be certified and licensed. Licensing is administered by the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation and requires a degree from an accredited respiratory therapy program plus a passing score on the certification examination.
Licenses must be renewed biennially, and continuing education is required. These rules are given in the document “Rules for Respiratory Care Practitioners https://www.sec.state.vt.us/media/188773/RES_Rules.pdf .”
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in VermontAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Healthcare/Respiratory-therapists.htm, the national median annual salary for respiratory therapists in 2012 was $55,870. The comparable figure for Vermont was $53,985. In Vermont, the top 10 percent in this profession earned more than $76,890, whereas the lowest 10 percent earned less than $35,130.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Vermont
|Vermont Technical College||Williston, Vermont, USA||website|