Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in VermontRespiratory therapists work with doctors to treat patients who have breathing problems. These problems may be caused by illnesses such as asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or pneumonia. An emergency condition such as heart attack, shock or drowning may require immediate respiratory care. In consultation with doctors, the respiratory therapist will develop and carry out a treatment plan for the patient. This may involve administering oxygen, managing a ventilator, prescribing medications, or teaching the patient how to use aerosol medication or to carry out at-home treatments. The therapist maintains detailed records of the progress of patient treatment.
How to get Certified in VermontThe practicing respiratory therapist in Vermont must be certified and licensed. Licensing is administered by the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation and requires a degree from an accredited respiratory therapy program plus a passing score on the certification examination.
Licenses must be renewed biennially, and continuing education is required. These rules are given in the document “Rules for Respiratory Care Practitioners https://www.sec.state.vt.us/media/188773/RES_Rules.pdf .”
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in VermontAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Healthcare/Respiratory-therapists.htm, the national median annual salary for respiratory therapists in 2012 was $55,870. The comparable figure for Vermont was $53,985. In Vermont, the top 10 percent in this profession earned more than $76,890, whereas the lowest 10 percent earned less than $35,130.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Vermont
|Vermont Technical College||Williston, Vermont, USA||website|