Are you interested in becoming a respiratory therapist? These health care professionals are responsible for assisting patients with breathing problems, whether from a chronic condition such as asthma or COPD or from an injury such as near-drowning. Read on to learn more about respiratory therapy programs in Washington.
Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in WashingtonIf you’re considering a career as a respiratory therapist, it’s important to attend an accredited program. Only students who graduate from an accredited program are eligible to be licensed to practice in this profession by the state. The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC), the accrediting body for the profession, maintains a list of accredited programs online at coarc.com.
How to get Certified in WashingtonIn order to practice as a respiratory therapist in Washington, you must first become certified and licensed by the state. The first step is to graduate from one of the accredited programs listed below, with either a certificate or an associate’s degree. Then, you must pass the exam given by the National Board of Respiratory Care. Submit the required information to the Washington State Department of Health; more details about certification paperwork and requirements are available online at http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/ RespiratoryCarePractitioner/ApplicationsandForms.aspx.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in WashingtonAccording to the U.S. Board of Labor Statistics, the national average salary for respiratory therapists is $56,290, or $27.06 an hour. In Washington state, average salaries are among the highest in the country, ranging between $61,960 and $75,870 per year. In general, the highest-paying jobs for respiratory therapists are in general hospitals, followed by specialty hospitals, nursing care facilities, doctors’ offices, and retail facilities.
Matching School Ads
- Earn a nursing degree focused on leadership & expanding technologies in healthcare
- SACS accredited with flexible options for Associate, Bachelor & Master degrees
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Washington
|Spokane Community College||Spokane, Washington, USA||website|
|Highline Community College||Des Moines, Washington, USA||website|
|Tacoma Community College||Tacoma, Washington, USA||website|
|Seattle Central Community Col||Seattle, Washington, USA||website|
|Pima Medical Institute||Renton, Washington, USA||website|