Are you interested in becoming a respiratory therapist? These health care professionals are responsible for assisting patients with breathing problems, whether from a chronic condition such as asthma or COPD or from an injury such as near-drowning. Read on to learn more about respiratory therapy programs in Washington.
Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in WashingtonIf you’re considering a career as a respiratory therapist, it’s important to attend an accredited program. Only students who graduate from an accredited program are eligible to be licensed to practice in this profession by the state. The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC), the accrediting body for the profession, maintains a list of accredited programs online at coarc.com.
How to get Certified in WashingtonIn order to practice as a respiratory therapist in Washington, you must first become certified and licensed by the state. The first step is to graduate from one of the accredited programs listed below, with either a certificate or an associate’s degree. Then, you must pass the exam given by the National Board of Respiratory Care. Submit the required information to the Washington State Department of Health; more details about certification paperwork and requirements are available online at http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/ RespiratoryCarePractitioner/ApplicationsandForms.aspx.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in WashingtonAccording to the U.S. Board of Labor Statistics, the national average salary for respiratory therapists is $56,290, or $27.06 an hour. In Washington state, average salaries are among the highest in the country, ranging between $61,960 and $75,870 per year. In general, the highest-paying jobs for respiratory therapists are in general hospitals, followed by specialty hospitals, nursing care facilities, doctors’ offices, and retail facilities.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - 100% Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2018? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Washington
|Spokane Community College||Spokane, Washington, USA||website|
|Highline Community College||Des Moines, Washington, USA||website|
|Tacoma Community College||Tacoma, Washington, USA||website|
|Seattle Central Community Col||Seattle, Washington, USA||website|
|Pima Medical Institute||Renton, Washington, USA||website|