Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Programs in West Virginia
There are a number of accredited West Virginia schools where programs for respiratory therapy are available. By attending these classes, a degree may be earned by those who are looking to enter the field. The following schools offer this kind of training:
How to get Certified in West VirginiaIn order to practice respiratory therapy and become certified, a person is required to have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited school. To obtain certification, the person must then go through exams from the NBRC, which is the National Board for Respiratory Care. The initial test is the CRT, or Certified Respiratory Therapist test. Once this test has been passed by an individual, that person will be allowed to take the RRT, or Registered Respiratory Therapist test. For certification in West Virginia, an individual must undergo 10 hours of continuing education per year.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in West VirginiaIn the state of West Virginia, respiratory therapists can expect a range of salaries, depending on experience, location, and education. The lower end of the range is $43,048 to $59,587, and a median salary of $51,211. Those in the average range will see $45,152 to $62,499, and a median salary of $ $53,714. The higher end is $$47,409 to $65,560, and a median salary of $56,400. The longer a person is certified, the higher the salary they will be eligible to earn. The required classes for those who would like to pursue a career in respiratory therapy vary according to the degree being pursued. Among available degrees there are several choices that are the basis for respiratory therapy. Classes that are frequently required include physics, cardiopulmonary anatomy & physiology, algebra and chemistry. Degrees are available in the following programs: Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology, Associate of Science in Medical Assisting.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate's
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in West Virginia
|Marshall University||Huntington, West Virginia, USA||website|
|Davis & Elkins College||Davis, West Virginia, USA||website|
|West Virginia University Institute of Technology||Montgomery, West Virginia, USA||website|
|Carver Career Center||Charleston, West Virginia, USA||website|
|Wheeling Jesuit University||Wheeling, West Virginia, USA||website|
|Fairmont State University||Fairmont, West Virginia, USA||website|
|Mountain State University||Beckley, West Virginia, USA||website|
|Piermont Community and Technical College||Fairmont, West Virginia, USA||website|