Find Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in WisconsinTo become a respiratory therapist in Wisconsin, you must become licensed, which only take can place after you complete a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) and obtain certification. The CoARC states that there are seven accredited schools in Wisconsin that offer respiratory therapy training programs.
Accreditation is important because it’s a required for certification. Respiratory therapy programs include medical classes, lab studies and clinical internships. Most students who are pursuing a career in respiratory therapy pursue associate degrees, although some choose to earn bachelor’s degrees.
How to get Certified in WisconsinOnce you’ve completed your respiratory therapy training, you’ll want to obtain certification as a Certified Respiratory Therapists (CRT). To do this you must have completed an approved program and must pass a certification exam through the National Board for Respiratory Care. The certification exam is a 3-hour computer-based program that’s required in WI as part of their licensure process.
Salaries for Respiratory Therapists in WisconsinThe salaries for certified therapists in WI vary by several factors, including location, level of training and experience. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that respiratory therapists working in WI earned a mean annual wage of $56,600 as of May 2013. According to Salary.com, CRTs working in Janesville earned an average wage of $56,627 as of July 2014 while those in Green Bay earned $52,462. The wages in WI as a whole are slightly less than the national average, which was $57,880.
Matching School Ads
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Respiratory Therapy Campuses in Wisconsin
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA||website|
|Madison Area Technical College||Madison, Wisconsin, USA||website|
|Mid-State Technical College||Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, USA||website|
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA||website|
|Western Technical College||LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA||website|
|Moraine Park Technical College||Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA||website|
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA||website|